I am always looking for talented and motivated students who are interested in high performance computing. Feel free to contact me through email if you’re interested in working with me.
- Once again, I will serve on the technical program committee member for IEEE High Performance Extreme Computing Conference (HPEC’19).
- Our paper, “Evaluating Fidelity of Lossy Compression on Spatiotemporal Data from an IoT Enabled Smart Farm,” has been accepted for publication in Computers and Electronics in Agriculture.
- Our poster, “Real-Time Anomaly Detection using Approximated Data in an Edge-Enabled Smart Farm”, has been accepted for USENIX HotEdge’18.
- My NSF CAREER proposal has been awarded for funding!
- I will serve on the technical committee member for IEEE High Performance Extreme Computing Conference (HPEC’18).
- Two papers have been accepted for publication in IEEE Big Data 2017.
- Two papers have been accepted for publication in HPEC’17.
- I will be part of the faculty advisors to help the MGHPCC Green Team compete the Student Cluster Competition in SC’17.
- Our paper, “Reducing I/O Variability using Dynamic I/O Path Characterization in Petascale Storage Systems,” has been accepted for publication in Journal of Supercomputing.
- One of my recent collaborations with Northwestern University, “Parallel Lossy Data Compression Algorithms for Temporal Data Sets,” has been accepted for publication in the International Conference on High Performance Computing, Data, and Analytics (HiPC).
- Two posters have been accepted to IEEE High Performance Extreme Computing Conference (HPEC’16).
- I will serve on the PC member for PDSW-DISCS, First Joint International Workshop on Parallel Data Storage & Data Intensive Scalable Computing Systems, held in conjunction with SC’16.
- I attended and presented posters at UMass HPC Day.
- Two of my students, Ritesh and Ketul, successfully defended their master theses!
- TACC Stampede, one of the fastest supercomputers in the world, will be used to support the course, EECE.6520 Parallel and Mp Architect (a.k.a Parallel Computing), offered in Spring 2016.
- I will serve on the PC member for the 2016 BARC (Boston area ARChictecture) workshop.
- We will participate in SC’15 again as an exhibitor. Please come by the UMass Lowell booth (#2804).
- One of my students, Jialing Zhang, has been awarded an ACM-W scholarship for attendance at SC’15. (see ACM-W Connections too)
- Our paper, “Bisection and Twisted SVD on GPU” has been accepted for publication in IEEE High Performance Extreme Computing Conference (HPEC’15).
- Our paper, “Randomized Algorithm for Approximate Nearest Neighbor Search in High Dimensions,” has been accepted for publication in Journal of Pattern Recognition Research.
- We will participate in SC’14 that will be held in New Orleans, LA. Please come by the UMass Lowell booth (#848).
- Our paper, “IOPro: A Parallel I/O Profiling and Visualization Framework in HPC Systems,” has been accepted for publication in Journal of Supercomputing.
- I was invited to give a talk in UMass HPC day, which will be held in UMass Dartmouth.
- Our paper, “Data Compression for the Exascale Computing Era – Survey,” will appear in a journal, Supercomputing Frontiers and Innovations, 2014.
Hi, I am an assistant professor in the department of Electrical and Computer Engineering at University of Massachusetts Lowell. Prior to UMass Lowell, I spent great many years as a postdoctoral researcher in the Electrical Engineering and Computer Science department at Northwestern University and the Math and Computer Science division at Argonne National Laboratory. I received my Ph. D degree in Computer Science and Engineering from The Pennsylvania State University in 2008. While at Penn State, I was advised by Prof. Mahmut Kandemir. Earlier than that, I was a research staff member at ETRI (Electronics and Telecommunication Research Institute), South Korea.