Please explore this website to find out more about the Willis Laboratory and other things we think are cool!
Latest Willis Laboratory News:
- 8/5/2014: Congratulations to J. Vaillant for successfully defending his Masters Thesis: “Analysis, Implementation and Educational Impact of Digital Fabrication Techniques Using Desktop Machines“!
- 7/28/2014: D.J. Willis, B.G.Olson and M. Ferguson are featured on the National Geographic Channel’s “Going Deep with David Rees: How to Swat a Fly.”
- 7/2/2014: The paper “Multiple-Fidelity Computational Framework for the Design of Efficient Flapping Wings” by D.J. Willis and P.-O.Persson has been published in the AIAA Journal!
- 7/2/2014: The paper “Enriched Basis Functions for Handling Wake-Body Intersections in Dirichlet Panel Methods” by D.J. Willis has been published in the Journal of Aircraft!
- 6/19/2014: D.J.Willis presented on biologically-inspired wing design for MAVs at the 17th USNCTAM conference in E.Lansing Michigan.
- 6/16/2014: D.J.Willis presented a poster at the ASEE National Conference in Indianapolis, IN. The paper “Hands on Made 4 ME: Hands-on Machining, Analysis and Design
Experiences for Mechanical Engineers” was written by: J.Vaillant, C.J.Hansen, J.Stolk, S.Johnston, S.Shina and D.Willis.
- 5/8/2014: D.J.Willis presents at the SPIE.DSS in Baltimore MD. The paper, “From wakes to wings: Using a multi-fidelity approach to design flapping wings” was written by: D.Willis and H.Salehipour.
- 5/7/2014: The UML-Team GoJuice places 3rd in the inaugural NREL/DOE Collegiate Wind Competition in Las Vegas NV! CONGRATULATIONS TO THE WHOLE TEAM! Wonderful work!
- 4/11/2014: The AIAA-DBF team competed in Wichita KS. What an unbelievably windy weekend!!!